Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Revolutionary" Letters




"I think I'm so educated
and I'm so civilized cuz
I'm a strict vegetarian..."


never felt so normal


as at the anarchist

demonstration

steps of sproul

tried to read

your crazy shaved head

attracted in spite

if you took the factory

it would stink

in that great

unshowered

tradition

like Henry Miller's

crotch



tarzan tarzan make

me a home in the trees

ape man fantasies

the pure joy

of the coconuts

as they fall

in imagined

slow-motion

split some lousy

skulls


in the room the women

come and go

(and the guys

too) the names

of six big

commie theorists

dropped in as many

minutes in my own

living room

if we took the factory

we couldn't make shit


I think I get it

go slowly

eat locally

seems somewhat

revolutionary

one last tomato

please oakland

grown no more


mozzarella di

bufala unless

they milk those

poor beasts

in golden gate

park


and that's

a different

kind of bufala

anyway


at the Claremont

farmer's market

in the DMV parking lot

no lie

I suck on a nectarine

dreaming of imported

cheese


I have suffered like Che

Pancho Villa and Malcolm


O give me a home where di

bufala roam


and the prosciutto is cured

down the block

2 comments:

  1. My Sunday poetry brunch.

    I find Blogs are a way of getting hold-outs to read a poem now and then.

    My revolutionary program?
    Small agriculture, shelter-building,
    light procreation, prayer and free thought...
    no more manufactory!
    (too many things already)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking a look.

    Yes,to all those things--esp. the poetry brunch.

    ReplyDelete